Health Care Reform
With the approval of the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the Foundation is exploring ways to leverage areas of the law that align with our vision, mission and goals.
Of prime importance to the Foundation are those elements of the legislation that may hold promise to align with and support the Foundation’s Measurable Results including our efforts to achieve the following:
- Increase the number of children and adults who have adequate health coverage.
- Increase the number of underserved Coloradans who regularly receive primary, mental and oral health care.
- Increase the number of health professionals who serve underserved Coloradans.
- Increase the number of parents educated on child development, nutrition and preventive health care.
- Increase the number of Coloradans educated on chronic disease management.
Exactly how federal health care reform will play out for the state of Colorado, the Foundation and its grantees remains to be seen. We will continually evaluate the law, looking for opportunities to strategically use our resources to further our vision of making Colorado the healthiest state in the nation.