What We Fund
Our funding focuses on populations whose health needs are not being met due to income, age, race, ethnicity, geography or other barriers.
We evaluate grant applications that align with our community outcomes and Funding Strategies. We also consider grant applications that demonstrate potential to achieve one or more of our Measurable Results.
Typically, we consider grants for project, general operating support and capacity building. On occasion, we also consider requests for capital funding if the proposed efforts have a demonstrable link to our community outcomes, Funding Strategies and Measurable Results. We define these areas as follows:
- Project: specific sets of activities carried out over a defined period of time.
- General operating support: support for an organization's day-to-day expenses to enable it to carry out its mission.
- Capacity building: strengthening an organization by enhancing financing, governance, planning and other business capabilities.
- Capital: improving an organization's facilities or infrastructure.
What We Don't Fund
We have identified areas of health and health care that other organizations are better suited to support. For example, we generally don't fund disease-specific projects, research and acute care.
The Foundation does not award grants to organizations which discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Generally, the Foundation does not make grants to or for the following:
- Programs that require membership in a certain religion or advance a particular religious faith (faith-based organizations may be eligible for funding if they welcome and serve all members of the community regardless of religious faith, and provided that they do not require participation in activities that are specifically religious)
- For-profit organizations or programs operated by, or for the benefit of, for-profit organizations
- Debt retirement
- Annual fund drives
- Fundraising events
Please contact our Grants Management department at 303.953.3672 if you have any questions regarding your organization's eligibility for funding.