The Colorado Health Foundation views sponsorships as important opportunities to support events and communications-related projects that increase engagement with those we serve or raise awareness of issues aligned with our 10 priority areas and cornerstones. Applicants must submit a request for sponsorship at least one month before the event or project launch.
Who can apply?
Eligible sponsorship applicants must be based in Colorado and/or serve Coloradans. Applicants may be:
- Organizations classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3)*
- Public agencies, including state and local governments
- Organizations using a fiscal sponsor with a 501(c)(3) or public agency status
- Existing grantees, although the Foundation generally does not provide sponsorships to grantees that have active general operating support grants
What Will the Foundation Sponsor?
The Foundation will consider sponsoring events and communications-related projects that:
- Raise awareness of issues the Foundation prioritizes
- Provide Coloradans with information to increase understanding of systemic and social inequities
- Are community-informed
- Aim to impact Colorado’s public discourse that reinforces the need for and a connection between racial justice and health equity
The Foundation prioritizes sponsoring organizations that demonstrate trust with and among communities we prioritize and serve.
Examples of Sponsored Events and Communications-Related Projects:
- Annual conferences
- Community-based events
- Digital, video, film or audio-based projects
What the Foundation Does Not Fund Through Sponsorships
- Programs that require membership in a specific religion or advance a particular religious faith
- For-profit organizations or programs operated by, or for the benefit of, for-profit organizations
- Activities or events with a political purpose
- Debt retirement
*New or emerging organizations without 501(c)(3) status may apply through a tax-exempt organization acting as fiscal sponsor. The fiscal sponsor must maintain full discretion and control over any awarded funds and have the organizational capacity to manage and accept the risks involved with fiscal sponsorship. Additionally, the sponsored event must align with the fiscal sponsor’s charitable mission. Learn more about our policy.
Questions? Contact our grantmaking operations department by email or call 303-953-3600.
How to Apply for a Sponsorship
Sponsorship applications must be submitted electronically through Fluxx, our grants management system. Applying online is easy and speeds up processing time. You can expect a decision within four weeks of submitting your application. The online application takes applicants through the step-by-step submission process. Applications will not be accepted for opportunities that are less than 30 days out of a project’s go live date.
To begin, sign up or access an existing Fluxx account. Please use Google Chrome as your browser when accessing the system.
If you cannot complete the online application, please email our grantmaking operations department, or call 303-953-3600 to discuss an alternative submission.
Learn about other funding offered by the Foundation.