In order to help all Coloradans live their healthiest lives, we work closely with partners across the state to advance our critical policy and advocacy goals which align with the Foundation's focus areas.
Our team identifies annual priorities and works alongside others to develop informed and engaged leaders, convene stakeholders to further a common agenda, conduct objective research and analysis and support advocacy organizations.
2017 Policy Priorities
- Sustain and continue progress on increasing Coloradans’ access to affordable physical and behavioral health services
- Advocate for policies that ensure health insurance coverage provides adequate access to physical and behavioral health (including substance abuse) services
- Advocate for improvements to food assistance programs to better serve Coloradans experiencing hunger and food insecurity
- Advocate for local and state policies that provide greater supports in K-12 schools for students’ physical and behavioral health
- Evaluate the potential impact of Colorado’s increasing minimum wage on working families, employers and businesses and on public programs that provide health coverage, child care assistance, food assistance and other supports for the working poor
Watching and Listening in 2017
There is potential for policy changes in 2017 that could substantially impact the health of Coloradans. The Foundation regularly monitors local, state and federal developments for both opportunities and threats to the health of Coloradans. In 2017 we will closely monitor actions related to or that address:
- Implementation and enforcement of civil rights protections in health care, schools, housing, criminal justice and other settings
- Opiates, prescription drug abuse and other substance abuse issues
- Family and medical leave policies
- Accessibility, affordability and quality of child care for low-income families