Let's Talk About... Inequity
The 2017 Symposium aimed to draw health inequity out of the shadows and cast a light on why it is more critical than ever to address it. We challenged you to join our collective effort to tackle this pressing issue and to improve the health of Coloradans today, tomorrow and for generations to come. Access resources from the 2017 Symposium, Let's Talk About... Inequity, below. Watch the archived livestream here.
Please note that some of our speakers do not make their presentations available for download.
Presentations and Archives:
Day One - Getting Inequity on the Table
- Alan Weil, Editor-in-Chief, Health Affairs
- Manuel Pastor, PhD Director, Program for Environmental and Regional Equity, University of Southern California
- Darrick Hamilton, PhD, The New School, PhD, Associate Professor of Economics and Urban Policy
- Jay Want, MD, Executive Director, Peterson Center on Healthcare and Former Chief Medical Officer, CIVHC
- Exchange Session: Inequity in your Community: How do you show up?
Day Two - Bringing Your Bias to the Table
- Kathleen Osta Regional Director, Midwest Region, National Equity Project; Hugh Vasquez Senior Associate, National Equity Project
- Susan Taylor Batten, President and CEO, Association of Black Foundation Executives (ABFE)
- Exchange Session: At the HeArt of Profound Conversations
- Day One - Getting Inequity on the Table
- Day Two - Bringing Your Bias to the Table
- Day Three - Having a Place at the Table