How to Submit an Application
To help you through the application process, we encourage you to visit the Before You Apply section of our website to determine what the Foundation supports, where to find the resources you need and what to expect through the review process.
PLEASE NOTE: The Colorado Health Foundation transitioned to a new grants management system, called Fluxx, in spring 2018. All users, both former and new applicants as well as current grantees, will need to create a new account when accessing the system for the first time by clicking here.
Where to apply
We ask that you submit a grant application electronically through our website. Applying online is easy and accelerates the processing time. The online application form will walk you through the submission process in detail.
If you cannot complete an online application, please contact our Grantmaking Operations department at 303-953-3600 to make arrangements for an alternative submission.
The following steps are designed to show you how to submit an application.
Step 1: Identify funding you are eligible for
Our funding types provide specific eligibility criteria and deadlines for applicants to review. It is important that you fit the criteria as an applicant before applying. You will begin your online application within a specific funding page on the website.
Step 2: Read the Frequently Asked Questions and prepare documents
The FAQ explains each section of the application and describe the types of questions you will be asked to answer.
Before You Begin
We suggest the following steps before you begin the online application form:
- Gather all of your attachments. Our Application Checklist (pdf) will help ensure that you have all the required attachments. Please note that some applications may require additional attachments - this will be indicated within that specific funding page.
- Complete the Line-item Budget Form (xls). To guide you in the development of your budget, please refer to the Budget Instructions (pdf).
Before submitting your application, we suggest that you either obtain electronic versions of the documents or convert them into PDF documents. Full instructions for uploading attachments are included in the online application form.
If you have additional questions not answered in these documents, please contact us.
Step 3: Begin your online application within the selected funding page
Open funding will have the following button associated with them (button intentionally inactive).
Click this button on the funding page to begin your application.
Please Note: The Colorado Health Foundation transitioned to a new grants management system in spring 2018. All users, both former and new applicants, will need to create a new account when accessing the system for the first time. Once you’ve inputted the required information, and clicked on "Submit Request," you will then receive an email notification from the Foundation within one business day with login information, which will give you access to the portal and our application forms.
- If you have already set up an account with our new grants management system and have forgotten your username and/or password, click on "Reset" or "create password" found here. You will then enter your email, click "Submit," and you will receive an email notification from the Foundation within one business day with login information.
- When creating a new account, you will be asked to enter your taxpayer identification number. If your organization does not have a taxpayer identification number or you don’t know your tax payer identification number, you may leave this field blank.
- Note that the grant portal does not auto save. We encourage you to frequently click on "Save" located in the lower right hand corner when drafting your application so as not to lose any work. You will then see that your application is saved to your account under "In Progress Grant Requests." You must save the application prior to submitting your application.
- You can also print your application at any point by clicking on the printer icon located at the top right of the portal.
Step 4: Provide requested information
During the online application process, you will be asked to provide information about your organization, contact information for those involved with your proposal, and narrative about the project for which you are seeking support.
Step 5: Include All Required Attachments
The online application will prompt you to attach each required item. You may refer to the Attachment Checklist (pdf) to make sure that you have included all necessary materials. Please note that some funding may require additional attachments - this will be indicated within that specific funding page. In addition, if you would like to submit additional attachments, you can do so by selecting the (+) button on the "Application Documents" section to add. Use of this additional attachment is not required. If you have any questions about the required attachments, please contact us prior to submitting your proposal.
The online application will ask that you attach each required document. If you do not have a required attachment, we ask that you create a word processing document to explain why it was omitted and then upload that in the place of the required document.
Step 6: Review and Submit Your Online Application
Once you are finished entering information and attaching documents, click on "Submit." You will have an opportunity to review your materials before submitting your application. If any elements are missing, you will be prompted to complete the relevant section or attach the needed document before moving forward.
After clicking "Submit," you will receive an email confirmation that we have received your application. Please make sure you enter your email address accurately on your application. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please call our grants manager at 303.953.3600 to ensure that we have received it.
Once you have submitted an application online, please do not mail a duplicate hard copy or any additional attachments or information. Program officers will contact you if they have questions or need additional information.