In order to help all Coloradans live their healthiest lives, we work closely with partners across the state to advance our critical policy and advocacy goals which align with the Foundation's focus areas.
Our team identifies annual priorities and works alongside others to develop informed and engaged leaders, convene stakeholders to further a common agenda, conduct objective research and analysis and support advocacy organizations.
2018 Policy Agenda
- Advocate for implementation of the Colorado Blueprint to End Hunger’s policy recommendations.
- Continue progress on increasing equity in Coloradans’ access to affordable, high quality physical and behavioral health care services.
- Defend and advance policies in K-12 schools that support physical education and physical activity, quality nutrition standards, and the collection of key data about students’ health.
- Research and explore policy opportunities to improve housing affordability for low-income Coloradans.
- Research and explore policy opportunities to decrease substance use rates among Coloradans and to improve supports for substance use treatment and recovery.
- Research and explore policy opportunities to support mental health prevention, treatment, and recovery.
Advocating for Impact Workshop Series
Advocacy is the act or process of influencing public policy. To help nonprofit organizations understand their opportunities to engage in various types of advocacy efforts and to have the tools to do so effectively, the Foundation is hosting a series of workshops that share insights into advocacy tactics that influence policy made across the executive, judicial and legislative branches of government.
The Foundation provides reliable, nonpartisan information on a variety of topics to inform public policy and advocacy efforts across the state. These educational efforts often take the form of briefs, regulatory comment letters, webinars and in-person convenings.