In order to help all Coloradans live their healthiest lives, we work closely with partners across the state to advance our critical policy advocacy goals which align with the Foundation's focus areas.
Our team identifies annual priorities and works alongside others to develop informed and engaged leaders, convene stakeholders to further a common agenda, conduct objective research and analysis and support advocacy organizations.
2020 Policy Agenda
- Advocate for policies that enable people living on low incomes, immigrants, refugees, people of color, LGBTQ Coloradans and people with disabilities to meet their health care, housing and nutrition needs.
- Improve resources for Coloradans living with mental health and substance use conditions through community-led, local policy solutions.
- Advocate for local, state and federal policies that ensure no Coloradan goes hungry.
- Foster alignment among communities and state and local policymakers to ensure every Coloradan has stable, accessible and affordable housing.
- Support a complete count of all people in Colorado in the 2020 Census.
- Support fiscal policies that create greater equity, accountability and transparency in how state and local governments generate and spend tax revenues.
- Advocate for services and supports that foster healthy social-emotional development and resiliency of young children.
Advocating for Impact Grantee Convenings and Workshops
Advocacy is the act or process of influencing public policy. To help nonprofit organizations understand their opportunities to engage in various types of advocacy efforts and to have the tools to do so effectively, the Foundation is hosting a series of workshops that share insights into advocacy tactics that influence policy made across the executive, judicial and legislative branches of government.
The Foundation provides reliable, nonpartisan information on a variety of topics to inform public policy and advocacy efforts across the state. These educational efforts often take the form of briefs, regulatory comment letters, webinars and in-person convenings.