Si necesita acceder la solicitud de fondos en español, por favor contáctenos a [email protected].
To save time and effort, we recommend that all applicants follow these steps before submitting an application:
- Read about How We Work
- Learn more about open funding
- Connect with a program officer to discuss ideas for your program or project
- Register in our grants management system before submitting an application
- Join our mailing list to receive future email alerts about open funding
Review focus areas and cross-cutting efforts:
Who can apply?
We prioritize funding for:
- Organizations based in Colorado and serving Coloradans
- Organizations classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3)
- Colorado public agencies, including state and local governments
- A tax-exempt organization acting as a fiscal sponsor may apply on behalf of or in collaboration with an organization that does not have 501(c)(3) status.
- The fiscal sponsor’s board must approve of the project as furthering the sponsor’s charitable mission prior to applying for a grant to The Colorado Health Foundation. Pleasedownload the Foundation's fiscal sponsor policy and sample memorandum of understanding (MOU). If you have any questions about your organization's eligibility, please do not hesitate to contact us at 303-953-3600 and ask to speak with our grantmaking department.
Note: If a public support test requirement to retain public charity status applies to your organization, as a public charity grantee of the Colorado Health Foundation, it is essential that you ensure the grant your organization receives will not cause it to lose its status as a publicly supported charity.
Before applying, we also suggest the following:
- Read the FAQs.
- Review our Grantmaking Glossary in English and/or Spanish to become familiar with terminology that appears throughout the application process.
- Consult our Grantee Resources for information you may find helpful when preparing your application.
Learn about our different funding types:
- Our funding opportunities focus on specific needs aligned with a particular priority within our focus areas. These vary for each funding deadline (Feb. 15, June 15 and Oct. 15). Applicants will be required to address detailed criteria specific to that funding opportunity. Grant funding is highly competitive within the pool of applicants for each individual funding opportunity.
- Our rolling funding has no associated deadline. We accept applications on a rolling basis. Applicants will be required to address detailed criteria specific to the funding.
After your application has been submitted, we will screen it for completeness and eligibility. Your application will be assigned to the appropriate team for review, and a Foundation staff person may contact you to discuss your proposal and follow-up with any additional questions. Staff may occasionally schedule a site visit to meet you in person and further discuss proposed activities. Read below for more details on the different timelines based on funding type.
- Funding Opportunities: While we strive to be as responsive as possible, please note that review of your proposal may take up to four months. You will be notified as soon as we reach a decision. At any point during the process, please do not hesitate to contact your assigned staff person with questions or concerns.
- Rolling Funding: Review and notification on the status of your application will occur within approximately 45 days of submitting your proposal.