Five Colorado Nonprofits Receive Holiday Gift
After another challenging year with the COVID-19 pandemic, and its far-reaching socioeconomic impacts, we applaud Colorado’s nonprofit community for their continued fight to bring health, equity and justice in reach for all Coloradans. You inspire us to work harder and smarter, challenge ourselves, and more deeply live into our mission. We are grateful for your partnership in this critical work.
As a token of our appreciation, Foundation staff select Colorado-based nonprofits annually to receive a $10,000 holiday donation – recognizing each for their commitment to improving the health of Coloradans. Join us in congratulating this year’s recipients:
- Asian Girls Ignite builds a strong community of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) girls and women to celebrate their individual and collective power. Through shared stories, they focus on elevating their voices, exploring their identities and caring for their well-being.
- Asian, Indian, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Giving Circle was created by members of the new Rocky Mountain Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy chapter in order to build strength and resiliency within Colorado's AAPI communities through intentional community investments.
- Ignacio Out & Equal Alliance is a youth-focused organization based in Southwest Colorado that supports, empowers, educates and advocates for the LGBTQ+ and two spirit community members, their families and allies by providing a safe and inclusive environment.
- Latino Cultural Arts Center is building a Cultural Campus in central Denver – in Sun Valley and La Alma Park – that celebrates the rich and complex traditions encompassing Latinidad: A shared heritage that overlaps Indigenous, African, Asian and European identities and is constantly evolving.
- Project Safeguard empowers and partners with people who have experienced gender-based violence, helping them to navigate a course of survivor-driven justice through expert, trauma-informed legal advocacy and representation.
We stand with Colorado’s nonprofits in our collective work to make our communities healthier, more equitable places to live – for all. On behalf of our staff and Board, thank you. Your work makes a real difference.