Reimagining Housing Solutions is a six-part training series designed to equip Colorado’s local leaders to as they work to address their community’s urgent housing needs. Topics explored in the series include: policy and land use, homelessness prevention, impactful community engagement, and leveraging federal ARPA funds. Speakers will highlight projects and practices, from across Colorado, that can benefit urban and rural settings and across the housing affordability continuum.
Resources and Recordings*
- March 4, 2022 - Housing Markets in 2022: This webinar takes a deep dive into the current state of the national housing market, specifics of the Colorado market and distribution of Federal ARPA funds, and a discussion of which communities are being disproportionately affected by the lack of affordable housing in our state.
- April 1, 2022 - Developing Community Housing Strategies: On this webinar, speakers share how to manage community-engaged processes, how leaders can better build capacity to increase affordable housing projects, and share ways local governments can better recognize and build upon key opportunities for their communities. This session also lays a framework for how communities can create action plans to leverage ARPA funds.
- May 6, 2022 - The Role of Housing Policy and Land Use in Housing Strategy: This session shares context of how housing has historically hurt or helped housing markets and analyzes best practices across the state regarding land use, zoning and policies addressing housing supply. This webinar also highlights resources created from the last legislative session, zoning best practices, and common incentives to offset costs for development partners.
- June 3, 2022 - Housing stability and Preventing/Addressing Homelessness: This webinar focuses on the increased need for eviction prevention, rapid rehousing and community-wide strategies to address increasing homelessness across urban and rural areas of the state. Best practices and model policies were shared by speakers to help lift up solutions that can work in various areas around the state.
- July 8, 2022 - Public Will Building and Innovative Public/Private Partnerships: On this webinar, speakers share efforts on develop public will building campaigns and create support for housing initiatives -including best practices in messaging and coalition building. The session also highlights successful public/private partnerships and nontraditional housing partners from around the state.
- Aug. 5, 2022 - Building and Preserving Inventory: This session highlights CHFA’s new developer toolkit and shares details about undertaking a new affordable housing development project. The webinar also highlights innovations in development and strategies to develop housing across the affordability continuum.
*Recordings will be shared after each webinar.
We thank the sponsors of this event for their support.