Funding Opportunity: Supporting Coloradans in Recovery through Peer Support Services
This funding opportunity will support individuals in accessing peer support services as part of their recovery journey.
Have questions? We’re here to talk through your ideas and encourage you to connect with us before applying for funding. If you’re not already connected with a program officer, please reach out to us by email or phone at 303-953-3600.
We're here to help
Have questions? Contact your Program Officer for more information.
To be considered for funding, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Alignment with the Foundation’s cornerstones that advance our efforts to bring health in reach for all Coloradans
- Serve Coloradans age 18 and over
- Demonstrate need of peer support services for population being served
Preference will be given to organizations with programs/projects that:
- Are trauma-informed and culturally and linguistically responsiveness to meet the needs of people in recovery and their families
- Reflect one or more of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) four dimensions of recovery: home, health, purpose and community
- Recovery services are designed to decrease the ways that stigma acts as a barrier to access and the recovery journey
- Include a multi-generational approach to providing services and supports
- Are evidence-informed and/or help to build the evidence
Examples of programs/projects considered for funding:
- Peer mentoring or coaching
- Peer and family resource navigation
- Recovery group facilitation
- Building community through peer social or support networks
We often partner with third-party evaluators, contractors and other organizations over the course of our work with applicants and grantees. Your application and its attachments may be shared with these individuals or entities during the review process and grant cycle. All third-party organizations partnering with the Foundation have signed a confidentiality agreement and will not use or share the information for purposes outside of the scope of work specific to the grant application or grant award. If you have any concerns or would like additional information, please email email@example.com or call our senior director of Grantmaking Operations at 303-953-3600.
Our funding opportunities focus on specific needs aligned with a particular priority within our focus areas. These vary for each funding deadline (Feb. 15, June 15 and Oct. 15). Applicants will be required to address detailed criteria specific to that funding opportunity. Grant funding is highly competitive within the pool of applicants for each individual funding opportunity.
We encourage all applicants to sign up in our grants management system by June 8 to confirm registration is complete in advance of submitting a grant application. Apply for funding by 5 p.m. MDT on June 15, 2019.